reblogged your post and added:

Same. Trying not to get too excited about every…

It’s so hard finding just the right breeder, who has the lines you like who also has puppies that will be available at the right time..

I don’t want to wait too long but I also don’t want it to be too soon, ya know? 

I’d just rather get one sooner than later cause I want my next dog to be able to do active stuff with me but it also has to wait until it’s fully grown and whatnot. 

Imo I wouldn’t worry about it being too soon. If you want a puppy and you think you’re ready then go get that puppy!

Seems like maybe you’re just feeling unsure bc you haven’t found the right breeder. You could ask for recs on German Shepherd Dog Breeders or Strictly Working German Shepherd Dogs. I wish I knew more Canadian breeders to recommend. 🙁

I’m so indecisive idk how I will ever choose a breeder lol. It would help if I could go and meet them but so many of them are so far away. I’ve gotten a few recommendations and have some breeders in mind   just trying to figure out when to aim for a pup is best and how much I should spend. 

I found a couple breeders in Ontario I really like that have pups on the ground now. Trying to decide if now is a good time or if I should wait. Also trying to decide if I’m a bit crazy for spending 2.5k or more on a companion pup since I’d have to ship from there. 

I found another breeder I’ve been thinking about for awhile that is within driving distance (8ish hours or more I think) and pups are 1500 but won’t be ready to go till end of September or October I think. Assuming all goes well and her dog gets pregnant and she ends up with a pup for me. 

Idk. I just want a WL GSD from health tested and titled parents, from a breeder that knows what they’re doing. But I also don’t want to wait 6 months or more. I guess I’m just impatient. I just want another dog to be able to go running with and whatnot and the longer it takes to get a pup the longer it will be for it to be fully grown to do that sort of thing. Plus who knows what’s going to happen with Lola. She seems fine but that can change so fast? I don’t know what I’ll do if I lose her now too :/